I don’t know why it took me so long to figure out that I could easily make my own ranch dressing that is much better than anything I could get in a store. I’ve always loved the fresh ranch I would get at restaurants, but never tried my own.
Anyways, it is super easy, won’t contain preservatives, can customize the consistency, and can be made with mostly ingredients that are shelf stable.
No true recipe for this, but play with the amounts of the below:
- Buttermilk (add more for a thinner dressing)
- Mayo (could sub or add sour cream or Greek yogurt)
- Garlic Powder (or crushed garlic)
- Onion powder (or minced chives)
- Dill (fresh or dry)
- Parsley (fresh or dry)
- Lemon juice (can sub white vinegar)
- Cayenne Pepper
- Bleu Cheese
- Old Bay Seasoning
Once you get a good flavor, put in the fridge for 30 min or more to come together and then put on your favorite sandwiches, veggies, salads, chicken, pizza, etc.